12/09/2011

How do I wash my hair if I have shingles (herpes zoster) extending deep into my hairline?


How do I wash my hair if I have shingles (herpes zoster) extending deep into my hairline?

Be very careful. I would put a call in to the doctor who diagnosed you and ask her/him what to do.

Make sure you take your meds ....the Shingles are on your face and that is very close to your eyes and I don't think that you need to be reminded of that.

I am so sorry, I get Shingles too and I know how painful it is. I am thinking about getting the vaccine.As far as I know, you can shampoo with a gentle cleanser, such as baby shampoo, during the entire outbreak. Make sure the lather doesn't get into your eyes as it may carry the virus. The affected areas of skin should be kept clean.

You can always contact the provider who diagnosed you for more information. Oddly enough, many people don't do that.I know that to hot or to cold water with be excrutiatingly painful. Put your head back as far as possible and pour tepid water so that it doesn't run down your face or body.

I am so sorry to hear you have shingles, they hurt so much. Follow doctor's orders as best you can. Get your immune system up. B vitamins in a balanced supplement will help. Liquid are better than tablets. Nothing but time will cure it. Oatmeal helps some people with the pain and itch.


Herpes zoster vaccine reduces zoster risk.(PIPELINE PREVIEWS): An article from: Journal of Drugs in Dermatology


herpes zoster - click on the image below for more information.



This digital document is an article from Journal of Drugs in Dermatology, published by Journal of Drugs in Dermatology, Inc. on March 1, 2011. The length of the article is 358 words. The page length shown above is based on a typical 300-word page. The article is delivered in HTML format and is available immediately after purchase. You can view it with any web browser.

Citation Details
Title: Herpes zoster vaccine reduces zoster risk.(PIPELINE PREVIEWS)
Author: Unavailable
Publica





Herpes zoster vaccine reduces zoster risk.(PIPELINE PREVIEWS): An article from: Journal of Drugs in Dermatology





Click on the button for more herpes zoster information and reviews.



Orignal From: How do I wash my hair if I have shingles (herpes zoster) extending deep into my hairline?

No comments:

Post a Comment