10/29/2011

Can you get genital herpes from a cold sore?


Can you get genital herpes from a cold sore?

There are two different types of herpes- HSV 1 and HSV 2- but you can get both types orally or genitally. SO if someone with an active cold sore gives you oral sex, you have a chance of contracting genital herpes. If you are getting cold sores, then you do have either HSV 1 or 2 orally. This is not a big deal- so does 80% of the population. The only way for you to contract it genitally would be if a cold sore, or the genitals of someone with genital HSV, were to contact YOUR genitals. It's confusing, I know.Yes, unfortunately, there may be concern in this scenario. The first poster is correct: HSV1 and 2 can be found both orally or genitally. If the person got a cold sore, HSV1, a few days after, he could have been shedding the virus when he was performing oral sex, which is how it is transmitted.

You will have to wait and see if anything comes up on you. Then go to the doc. Good luck.Yes, easily.

Hsv-1 is the virus that causes most cold sores. It 'prefers' the mouth. It is happy to infect the genitals - herpes is opportunistic - but it is less infectious once there than when it is on the mouth. Far from being a 'different' strain that cannot cause genital herpes, due to the popularity of oral sex and how common oral hsv-1 is, hsv-1 now also causes 50-70% of genital herpes infections!

Yes, when you have a cold sore is the most infectious time, and this most infectious period lasts from the very first warning signs before the cold sore appears - often several days before the sore - to at least five days after it has healed.

However, just as with genital herpes, it doesn't take a cold sore to spread oral herpes to the genitals. Oral herpes is infectious about 10% of the time when the person infected does NOT have a cold sore.

My boyfriend and I thought he was only infectious when he had symptoms - and by symptoms I mean the slightest tingle on the lip, not just when he had a sore. Nevertheless, I caught genital herpes hsv-1 through him giving me oral sex when he was between cold sores. He hadn't had one for months, and didn't get one for months after.

My sister also caught genital hsv-1 from a partner that was infected orally but was not experiencing symptoms. That is why 70% of new genital herpes infections in women are caused by hsv-1, which most people regard as the oral herpes virus.


Whole Leaf Aloe Vera Juice Concentrate-Orange/Papaya - 16 oz - Liquid


herpes genital - click on the image below for more information.


  • Disclaimer: This website is for informational purposes only. Always check the actual product label in your possession for the most accurate ingredient information due to product changes or upgrades that may not yet be reflected on our web site. These statements made in this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The products offered are not intended to diagnose, treat

The Orange Papaya Whole Leaf Aloe Vera Juice Concentrate is the highest quality Aloe Vera in a bottle providing maximum benefits when taken daily, with 7% natural fruit juice concentrate added (no sugar). It is a 3:1 concentrate containing yellow sap (we remove 3 quarts of water from 4 quarts of aloe to equal one quart of Aloe concentrate) with solids averaging 14,500 per bottle. Benefits include help with digestion and absorption when taken before meals, energy, Immune System Support, Anti-Infl





Whole Leaf Aloe Vera Juice Concentrate-Orange/Papaya - 16 oz - Liquid





Click on the button for more herpes genital information and reviews.



Orignal From: Can you get genital herpes from a cold sore?

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much all the way for taking your time to share this unique articles, testimonies and videos about herpes cure.
    It's my first time to share my feelings publicly, but I made a vow to accomplish it this way so through me others can be safe to reach out Dr. Odey Abang for any cure to their viruses/ Diseases
    I'm David Mark. I had this feelings that they could be a cure to all this deathly and common Diseases. My case was admitted after a ran for my reqular monthly checkup and was shocked when I was tested Herpes Simplex Virus.
    I thought this could be a way the wants be to keep patronizing them, Encouraging me to be taking in the antibiotics, the Acyclovir medicine, but wasn't comfortable living on drugs, the case was getting out of hand, affecting my job and life , sore keeps reappearing lots of nightmare thinking about my cure.
    Had to engage myself seacking for means online since I'm and information technologist.
    I made lots of reaserches seeing Dr. Odey Abang, curing people
    Yes, I never met him before,but when I did contact him from the email given, he fulfilled his promise as said and sent me the Herpes medicine together with the powder and instructions on how to apply, two weeks later it finished and was allowed to go for test, then I was confirmed negative.
    Have been to different hospitals and the results still shows negative, in me I knew it works and the confidence in me made my friends who where both Herpes carrier where very curious and they all got their cures.
    Don't think your not saved with what you have, God has saved us, Dr. Odey Abang can cure you from HIV/Aids/Cancer/Diabetes/Sickle cell/And most dangerous sickness.
    Contact him
    odeyabangherbalhome@gmail.com
    Or Whatsapp
    +2349015049094

    ReplyDelete